Sequoyah High School’s campus is situated on the grounds of the Neighborhood Unitarian Universalist Church at 301 N. Orange Grove Boulevard.
Designed by Pasadena architect Doug Ewing, the classroom buildings complement the neighborhood’s craftsman homes, and the extensive surrounding gardens. Within a block of campus, a walking path leads down to the playing fields, tennis courts, and Rose Bowl Aquatic Center located at Brookside Park in the Arroyo Seco.
Although they are entirely separate institutions, Sequoyah and the Neighborhood Church share a unique history. Sequoyah’s elementary and junior high school campus is located on the former grounds of the Neighborhood Church at 535 S Pasadena Avenue. The missions of both the school and the church honor the principles of mutual respect, inclusion, and equity.
Sequoyah High SchoolADMINISTRATION
Sequoyah High SchoolFACULTY
Careers at Sequoyah SchoolA PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
See current career opportunities below.
We seek individuals who are passionate, innovative and creative, able to develop curriculum, and responsive to students’ needs.
We are seeking candidates who are:
- passionate about problem-based, student-centered learning
- experienced or interested in changemaking and service-learning
- experienced or interested in faculty collaboration, including curriculum planning
- able to demonstrate mastery in their subject area
Sequoyah School has a rich history of diversity and seeks candidates to enhance that tradition. Sequoyah offers competitive salary and benefits.
Sequoyah’s high school is growing and we are looking for faculty members to join our team.
TO APPLY: Please email your resumé and indicate your area of interest in the Subject line.
- Location Sequoyah School is located on two campuses in Pasadena, California; 20 minutes north of downtown Los Angeles
- Grade Levels Elementary and Junior High (K-8)
Entry age – 5 years old by September 1
High School (9-12) – Opened with 9th and 10th graders September 2016. The Class of 2019 is our first graduating class.
- Heritage Sequoyah School was founded in 1958.
The name of the school reflects the love of books and reading that inspires lifelong learning.
- Logo Sequoyah School’s logo was inspired by a Cherokee symbol. We chose the open hand for its confident illustration of Sequoyah’s hands-on approach to education.
- Sports Team Mascot The Gryphon
- Diversity Students of Color – 53%
African American – 6.8%
Asian American – 5.6%
European American/Caucasian – 41%
Latino/Hispanic American – 12.9%
Multiracial American – 27%
Native American – 0%
Pacific Islander – 0%
Middle Eastern American – 0.8%
Not Available – 6%
Indexed Tuition – 30-40% of Families
- Religious Affiliation None
- Uniform None
- High School Tuition
2019-2020 Top Tuition: $32,300
- High School Fees for 2019-2020 Field study and activities fees (including trips, clubs, PE, sports): $2,638
Sequoyah new student fee: $1,500