In our high school classrooms, you will find teachers challenging students to use their growing knowledge and skills to solve essential questions at the heart of contemporary challenges—to see connections, develop meaningful relationships, and construct shared understanding.
Our high school students develop initiative and self-direction through college preparatory coursework and field studies emphasizing global perspectives and cultural competency. Independent study and collaborative effort will culminate in a junior-year social impact project and a senior-year internship.
Sequoyah’s unique four-year Social Innovation Program (SIP) provides training and opportunities for students to become emerging social entrepreneurs. Our Advisory program reinforces the development of a growth mindset, conflict resolution skills, and effective leadership.
Sequoyah’s high school curriculum is designed to prepare students to graduate as experienced, confident, and resourceful problem-solvers who know how to apply their knowledge and passion, using strategies that can make a difference for their communities and in their own lives. Sequoyah students are challenged to think critically and creatively, learn how to work in diverse teams, and communicate ideas successfully.
Sequoyah AdmissionsTAKING THE FIRST STEP
High School Tour and Preview Events
Dates TBA in October.
High School Tour and Preview
Wednesdays 9:00 –11:00 a.m. – Dates TBA
Evening event: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Dates TBA
Meet & Greet Coffee
9:00 –10:00 a.m. – Date TBA
Please download our Campus & Parking Map before attending our admissions events.
Applications Open in October
Early Application Deadline: TBA
Final Application Deadline: TBA
To apply to Sequoyah’s high school, please visit our admissions portal. Our admissions process is summarized below. After receiving your application, we will reach out to schedule an admissions interview.
Because Sequoyah is committed to fostering and sustaining a socioeconomically diverse school community, each student is assigned a tuition level appropriate for their family’s financial resources. Each year, 30-40% of families pay less than the top tuition. To learn more about our tuition structure and Indexed Tuition process, please see our Affording Sequoyah page and attend our Indexed Tuition Workshop on Date TBA, at 6:30 p.m., on Sequoyah’s K-8 Campus, Infinity Room.
Sequoyah AdmissionsHOW TO APPLY
Applications Open in October
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: DATE TBA
For further information, contact us via email.
- In October you can sign up to sign up to attend an Admissions Event. Please check back then.
- Create an admissions account where you’ll be able to complete and submit your application, and access all required forms.
- Start and complete an application for Sequoyah’s High School.
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 10, 2019
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 21, 2020
- Register to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). To arrange a test date, please contact the Educational Records Bureau. Sequoyah’s registration code is 570888.
- After submitting your application, you will be contacted to schedule your interview.
- Submit requests for 2 teacher recommendations and school transcripts. Forms are accessible in the online application system. Please submit one teacher recommendation form to your math teacher and one to your English or history teacher, and submit a transcript release form to your school administrator. These supplemental forms must be sent to us directly from your school.
- Learn more about Sequoyah’s commitment to socioeconomic diversity and affording Seqouyah by attending our Indexed Tuition Information Session in January 9, 2020, 6:30 p.m. on our K-8 campus, Infinity Room. For more information, email Sequoyah’s Chief Financial Officer James Cooper.
We look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event, and to receiving your application.
Sequoyah School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation or family structure in the administration of its admissions and tuition policies.