Sequoyah High SchoolOUR CAMPUS
Sequoyah High School’s campus is situated on the grounds of the Neighborhood Unitarian Universalist Church at 301 N. Orange Grove Boulevard.
Designed by Pasadena architect Doug Ewing, the classroom buildings complement the neighborhood’s craftsman homes, and the extensive surrounding gardens. Within a block of campus, a walking path leads down to the playing fields, tennis courts and Rose Bowl Aquatic Center located at Brookside Park in the Arroyo Seco.
Although they are entirely separate institutions, Sequoyah and the Neighborhood Church share a unique history. Sequoyah’s elementary and junior high school campus is located on the former grounds of the Neighborhood Church at 535 S Pasadena Avenue. The missions of both the school and the church honor the principles of mutual respect, inclusion and equity.
Please schedule a visit with us to learn more. Parking is restricted and no parking is allowed on residential streets.
Sequoyah High SchoolOUR FACULTY AND STAFF
Careers at Sequoyah High SchoolA PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
We seek individuals who are passionate about teaching in a project-based, student-centered environment. The teachers we hire will be innovative and creative, able to develop curriculum and respond to the needs of the students.
Sequoyah School has a rich history of racial, cultural and economic diversity.
We are seeking candidates who are:
- passionate about problem-based, student-centered learning
- experienced or interested in changemaking and service-learning
- interested in the collaborative work of faculty, including curriculum planning
- able to demonstrate mastery in content area
We are actively recruiting candidates for all subject areas for the 2018-2019 school year. Please send your resume to
Sequoyah at a GlanceSEQUOYAH K-12 QUICK FACTS
- Location Sequoyah School is located on two campuses in Pasadena, California; 20 minutes north of downtown Los Angeles
- Grade Levels Elementary and Junior High (K-8)
Entry age – 5 years old by September 1
High School (9-12) – Opened with 9th and 10th graders September 2016
- Heritage Sequoyah School was founded in 1958.
The name of the school reflects the love of books and reading that inspires lifelong learning.
- Logo Sequoyah School’s logo was inspired by a Cherokee symbol. We chose the open hand for its confident illustration of Sequoyah’s hands-on approach to education.
- Sports Team Mascot The Gryphon
- Diversity Students of Color – 53%
- African American – 6.8%
- Asian American – 5.6%
- European American/Caucasian – 41%
- Latino/Hispanic American – 12.9%
- Multiracial American – 27%
- Native American – 0%
- Pacific Islander – 0%
- Middle Eastern American – .8%
- Not Available – 6%
Indexed Tuition – 30-40% of Families
- Religious Affiliation None
- Uniform None
- Daycare Before/After-school care for Elementary and Junior High students School grounds are open at 7:30 a.m., and supervision is provided from 7:30 until class-time.
- High School Tuition
2016-2017 Top Tuition: $27,500
- High School Fees for 2016-2017 Field study and activities fees (including trips, clubs, PE, sports): $2,000
Sequoyah new student fee: $1,000